Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pehli Judai...

I was writing a lot of real life stuff lately and wanted to write some fiction now for a change... Here is my hand at fiction... Let me write a Disclaimer before people start asking me if this was me and questions like that... :)
All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental...

It often happens that the small things in life have a larger impact on who you are and what you become... Though things like money and property play a big role it is the hug from mom, a smile from a friend and things like this that stay in your memory for a very long time...
This is a story about a guy who has his first separation from someone real special in his life(of course a she)... Though she doesn't know he likes her, she admires him secretly(But this story is from the guys perspective)... The stage is set in in a class where the guy and the girl are sitting and writing the last exam of the year... Though the class is full of students he imagines himself being alone in class just with her around... Even the thought of it gives him goose bumps and he craves for such a moment...
The exam gets over and the moment that everyone waits for becomes the moment he laments... He gets out of the class right before her and picks his bag and helps her find her bag too... What do I talk to her (think think, think fast)...
He: Hey how was your exam.. How did it go (how stupid was that, why cant I talk like those guys)...
She: It went well.. What about you..
He: Ya it went pretty well....
Then the awkward silence.......
He: Hmmmm so what plans for the vacation... What plans...??
She: Will go down to my hometown... You going anywhere...
He: Nope I am from here so will be at home only... Nothing much to do.. If you were here we could have met some day(what will she think of me for telling that)...
She: Ya we could have may be but then I wont be here...
He: Hmmmm ya ya..
Then again the awkward silence.......
She: Ok then let me get going I have a train to catch... Bye.. Take care.. See you after the vacations...
He: OK byee... (Secretly hoping she doesnt go, Please dont go)
Wish I could somehow stop her from going, but by every second that passes as she walks away step by step getting farther away... Wish I could freeze this moment somehow...

Nothing happens as she walks away, and he keeps on looking at her till her silhouette vanishes into thin air... He knows she will be back to college once it starts but he still watches on in anticipation if she would magically appear from somewhere... But nothing happens....

It are moments like these that remain with us to the end... Like I said before its the small things like this that play a bigger factor... Let us enjoy and live such moments...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

dont watch to many movies dear:)But am sure you would have had a similar feeling in the past or may be in the future :)

Unknown said...

deep.....

nice one..following chetan bhagat's footsteps huh??!!

Deepak said...

@Poornima: Akka i was waiting for such a comment as soon as i thought of writing this up.. :)
@Priya: No da I have not even read his new book da.. need to read... :)

Ishma... said...

"Pehli judai" ha ha..nice one :P
kya baat JP?? Full romantic shomantic..

Anonymous said...

Dude...! Waate.. I want a second season.. This is like the final episode of first season. :)

Deepak said...

@Ishma: ha ha ha... hona padta he kabhi kabhi.. ;)
@Heman: A couple of them asked me to write a second season.. But I dont want it to become like a bollywood movie man.. :P So still contemplating... Lets see..

Anonymous said...

You contemplate fast man. :) I will make sure it doesn't become a bollywood movie.