Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanks giving... :)

Its that time of the year, a month away from Christmas... Its thanks giving season... :) I have heard people thank god, their relatives, their parents... These people actually make a difference to you as they are directly or indirectly attached to you in someway... But I would like to thank a person whom I am in no way related to, whom I have not met in years, Whom I don't know if I will recognize the next time I see them... Here is my story of how this person actually made a difference to me... :)

Its chilling cold, early in the morning at 5:15.... I am trying to run as fast as possible... Looking around for an auto or a lift to my CET tuition's... My cycle was all wrecked and so was my face from the fall I had recently so couldn't ride...
Was already late to class and was in a fix... Oh wait there is an auto...
Me: Cambridge layout barthira... ESI hospital hatra...(Will you come to cambridge layout near ESI hospital)
Auto guy: Sir one and half haguthe(one and a half times the meter)
Me: I have only 10 bucks and this guys asks for one and a half... :(
I move on running in the cold, trying to cover up from the morning fog... Its 5 20... Damn I am real late... :(
By this time I reach ulsoor police station which is deserted... The whole roadside is filled with news paper guys and one lone auto unloading milk... He looks at me and I guess he understood the turmoil and dilemma on my face...
Auto uncle: Yelappa hogbeku...(Where do you wanna go)
Me: Uncle cambridge layout hogbeku, ESI hospital hatra...
Auto: Barappa hogona..(Come I will take you)
Me: (With a wry smile) Uncle nan hatra hattu rupai irodu...(I have only ten rupees)
Auto: Neen barappa... Otho maklu neevu... Duddu naale kodu... (You come, you can give me the money tomorrow, kids like you should study)
Me: couldnt muster up anything else from a Thank you Uncle...
I reach tuitions just on time.... I give him the ten bucks and look at him... I couldnt see the face in the darkness properly and thank him again... :)
Every single day of my tuitions for over a period of 2 months this Auto guy dropped me to the tuitions sometimes with money and most of the times without taking a single penny from me... I dont remember his face or how he looks... I dont think he will ever read this post either... I dont think if I will ever be able to meet this guy...
Amidst all the scum and worthless people it is people like this who really make a difference and bring in the goodness in you... :)
Here is a big thanks to this guy who made a difference to me... Again I couldnt muster up anything other than this "THANK YOU SO MUCH UNCLE"... :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey that auto waala is soooo good... even i need to thank one cycle fellow, he dropped me once.. its a long story.... abt a mile he tuk me in this cycle...!!! :) evn i need to thank him!!!

Unknown said...

awww... sweet!! :)