Monday, September 28, 2009

Rock and Rollllll..... :-)

I was just thinking as to how I could start this next post… But I was not able to think of a good start to it at all… So I just decided to start it just like this…
Dance is one of those art forms that have a great influence in the way we think and the way we live… From the unadulterated spasm like tribal dance to the fully trained and pristine bharatnatyam to the limber and flexible Ballet and the romantic and busy Salsa…. Dance is one art form which depends entirely on the culture and the way we grow up and the dance form relates to the very roots of our culture…

I am not here to talk about the dances I have mentioned above… My perception of dance is basically to go with the music rather than trained movements to make sure u are with the music… The whole point of dancing for me is for every part and every muscle of your body craving to move to the music… This might seem a bit erotic but alas this could be a mating ritual in some tribes where the best dancer gets to marry the girl… ;)

One such dance form where I can relate and at least termed that I am dancing is called the DAPPANGUTHU… This is more of a local to South India where we dance to let out our frustrations… Well I found a great description to how to perform this form of dance on wiki recently (courtesy my cousin Poornima akka) and I was astonished at the way how someone can explain such a dance in words well to say the guy who has explained this has done a great job…

For all whose who wanna kuthu follow the link I say….

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dappan_koothu

2 comments:

Unknown said...

rofl... i actually followed the link.. very informative..

Deepak said...

He he he... :) Thank you wonlee.. :)
Caman the dandanaka danakunaka.. :P