Monday, September 21, 2009

Riding Gear : Either the HELMET or A HELLMATE

Well the question why we need gear while riding seems ridiculous to some layman or any man passing by seeing u wear all that gear… Well the answer to that question would be... Dude step into my shoes you will understand why… :-)

The first ride I did on my new bike was with sandals and a simple t shirt and a rickety old helmet… and then I realized I was a potential organ donor in the making… Since my first ride I have matured as a rider and got some neat gear from a shop accessible to me, it was a little on the expensive side but then nothing more expensive than life…

There are 3 basic weak points in every body which are most prone to damage or injury when someone falls off a bike…

1) The head

2) Your torso predominantly your elbows and shoulders

3) The legs predominantly the knees and the ankles.

Firstly the head that’s like the most important part of the body… Most of the fatal accidents that happen due to falls without a helmet… hence a good neat helmet that can stand a crash… And when I say a helmet I mean a full faced helmet not a open one or not the one that opens up if we press a little button…

I dint want a fancy looking helmet which shines in the dark or has fancy stickering I just wanted a good old fashioned helmet which hold up and protect you when you need it in a dire situation…

I picked up this AGV from JC road in Bangalore for 2400 Indian rupees which looks classy and is also very comfortable to wear and holds your head perfectly… The visor is perfectly clear and gives a great view of the road and to top it all up its removable to make it easy to clean it up… The padding inside also is detachable and can be cleaned and fitted back again…



















































































There are quite a few shops on JC road that sell AGV’s and different other brands of helmets in case someone needs to get one… Also there are a few shops branded shops that sell AGV’s and other brands of helmets like the one opposite to forum called Orion motors…

Check out the link below….

http://orionmotors.in/Helmets.aspx

Catch you all later with the other gear soon… Till then Ride safe… :-)

No comments: