Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Slumdog (Part 1) : Making

Dec 3rd it’s not an important date to keep track of by anyone. But as my parents told me that was the day i was born. An insignificant day for any normal person, but i was born an insignificant little stray dog.

Well usually people come into this world to live and spread joy but all that I have experienced so far has been pain and suffering. Wait here is the part where I take you back to show you the pain and suffering. No points for guessing though. As my mom told me it was a rainy day, apparently there was a storm coming and dad couldn’t find a dry place for mom to stay. But nevertheless it was a successful delivery and I came into this world with a bark or rather barks. I was born with 3 brothers and 2 sisters. That’s makes it 6 of us. Well I do know the math four plus two gives you six. Learnt it from the school where a kid used to feed me his lunch. Well back to the day I was born as I mentioned earlier about the part of misery, well it started as i came into this world.

As I was coming into this world, my family suffered both joy and grief. My dad who was guarding my mom while she was having the delivery, got hit by this huge yellow truck. It was just a split second as I came out he was gone. Well later is when I learnt that my dad was the local hero and was the leader of a few packs of the place. He was keeping the humans safe from those rabid dogs of the trenches of garbage. It was hell on earth any dog that ventured there never came back alive. The leader of that pack was cunning and a vile dog his name was Vito. He was always conniving to take over our area so that they can infect the humans with their treachery.

With the death of my dad, war came looming over our heads and we were over powered easily. We had to move away from that place as those dogs chased us away. We had to take resort to the low lands of the city. It was difficult growing up in the low lands the food was scarce and the weather was always bad.

I was a Dog a SLUMDOG in the making… :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

deeepaakkkkkk,room pote yu-ci-pe-yo:)))but anyways good one:)

Prathap Chandra said...

Hi Deepak,
Stumbled upon your blog today..
Amazing gift you have,
Are all the articles fictitious?
Or only this particular article?


PS: Hope you remember me!!

Prathap Chandra,
Mysore

Unknown said...

like superb sounds like an understatement....!! sexy work Deepak!! :) just love reading ur blogs!