Monday, January 18, 2010

Déjà vu (Part 2) : The Angry Denial


Read Part 1 of this post here



I regained consciousness surrounded by troubled faces... One was giving me water, one was calling for help, one trying to give me some air… I started to get what had actually perspired out there, and then I remembered I had not eaten anything since the previous morning and the lack of food and the trauma caused me to collapse… I got up and convinced everyone that I was fine and drank some water… Finally I found a guy who was selling Pani Puri at the other end of the ground and had a couple of plates of Pani Puri… As I had pani puri emotions started rushing into me as I started to remember about the day that changed everything.

It started as a normal day... Arjun came and woke me up at 6... Everyone was already waiting to go play cricket... I was as usual late and made the others late... But nevertheless i woke up and we made our way to the ground to play... We started our match and everything was going well though we were loosing the match... But it was all the part and parcel of the game but things got worse and we were getting taunted by the other team...

I was getting angry but Arjun and the others were trying to pacify me... But it was getting wayward with the all the taunts and it was getting uncontrollable... All hell broke loose as they won the match, they got in my face and I that was what triggered the events that I never wish ever happened at all... I punched the other teams captain in the face who crashed on the ground and then there was a huge melee... I fell down and grabbed the wicket that was on the ground and took a wild swing at someone who was coming at me... I caught him right in the face and opened up his left eye, from which blood started gushing out...


After I got back to my senses I realized that the guy I hit was actually Arjun... I dropped the wicket and panicked and fled the scene... I dint know what I was doing but I just fled without looking back... Everything else was history after that... Things changed and I moved away from that house as I asked my dad to put me into a hostel away from everything... Within a week I was away from the guys and in all this I totally forgot what I had done to Arjun...I refused to deny the fact that what I did was wrong...


Days passed, months passed and years passed everyone had changed... The guys after trying to contact me stopped trying and eventually moved on... I moved on and after ten years we moved to the same house... I did not make any effort of finding out about the guys... But fate plays its own game as always and brought me to this day that has given me my punishment by banishing me from my friends... Ostracizing me from the friends that I once had... Tears started rolling down my cheeks without me even noticing it... The pani puri guy started inquiring if he had put a lot of chilly in his pani puri...


But my fate had a design of its own and I was going to learn it the hard way....

No comments: