Thursday, March 18, 2010

Insomniac

I was sweating profusely, breathing heavily and was having a double vision... I was in the world in between sleep and the real world where nothing seems real... It seemed like the world was stand still in front of my eyes, even the faintest of sounds echoed in my ears, the minutest of the smells got to my nose and yet my body dint feel in control of itself... Even the smallest of the movements required a huge effort...

It was the same feeling everyday or rather every night... I was suffering from something that they call insomnia... It was 5 days since i had slept last and was feeling lost in my own world with sleepless nights... The first couple of nights were easy to pass as i would watch a movie and pass my time till day break, with the growing lack sleep it started to become difficult... The sweating increased my heart beat felt like it would go away any minute...

Every night i would lie down and make an effort to sleep but then the effort to sleep made it difficult to sleep... I would sit soaked in my own sweat thinking why I couldnt sleep... Was it some sin i had commited, was I possesed, is it some neurological problem???

So after 5 days of sleeplessness I decided to do something about it, so as per the advice given by my mom i thought let me try Yoga and meditation... She asked me to lie down flat on my back with my hands and legs fully spread out and not folded and i would feel sleepy soon... I started laughing at my mom and said "Mom that wont work, I will try something else"...

So there i went for another couple of days trying things in vain and spent sleepless nights trying to sleep... Whoever said try try till you succeed dint include sleeping in it... The count was now 8 days without sleep, also i read somewhere that 10 days without sleep could kill a person and desperation crept through after that...

So after much contemplation i decided to try my moms advice and lie down how she asked me to lie down... Thats when i realised what was wrong and why i couldnt sleep... While i was lying to flat on my back a sinister and evil smirk came onto me... One part of me was thinking how stupid of me the other part was thinking finally found the reason...

So i got up switched on the FAN and slept like a baby after almost 8 days of sleeplessness...

Moral of the story: Moms always have the right answer to everything... :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute..! :)

ramz said...

Its an amazing write up ..

Kartik said...

You put your thoughts in a very fine way... I like the way you write :)

Deepak said...

@Madhu: Thank u wonleee i say.. :)
@Ramya: Thank u ramya..
@Karthik : Thanks dude.. :)

Unknown said...

Mom is always best:) good one deepak:)

Deepak said...

@Poornima: True wonlee akka.. :)

Ishma... said...

Did this really happen?? sleepless fr 8 days??!! :P

Unknown said...

May be ur mom is right but u should have tried sleepin in an AC room, fan is not eunf for you i guess..!!!!

anyways, nice blog kano...

Pavithra Srinivasan said...

:D :D nice one deepak! i wonder why u actually dint listen to yor mom earlier n suffered for 8 days!! :D :D :D

Deepak said...

Guys this is just a work of fiction.. :) Thank u Ishma, Swetha and pavi... :)

Susmitha said...

Good one Deepak.. :) It's very interesting!!

Deepak said...

@Sushmitha: Thank u so much... :)